Registration is now open for the 2022 Indiana Watershed Leadership Academy.
For 15 years the Indiana Watershed Leadership Academy has formed a diverse group of professionals who interested in water quality and watersheds. Watershed coordinators, teachers, volunteers, engineers, district staff, non-profit organizations, and anyone interested in improving water quality in Indiana are invited to apply for this year’s Academy.
The Academy, organized by Purdue University with support from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management and other Indiana conservation agencies and organizations, gives participants the chance to:
- Engage in basic and advanced level watershed topics covering leadership principles, watershed science, organization and communication, technology and GIS, stakeholder involvement techniques and policy skills
- Meet, learn from, and engage with others who work in watershed management
- Interact with topic experts
- Gain strategies, skills, and resources for successful watershed management
- Earn a Continuing Education Professional Certificate in Watershed Management from Purdue University
The Academy will include both virtual and in-person workshops to learn watershed and leadership skills and allow you to take advantage of Indiana’s watershed experts from the comfort of your home or office, followed by two face-to-face sessions.
- Six virtual workshops, every other Wednesday from January 5 to March 16, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Each session will include live presentations, small group discussions and question and answer sessions and will occur using zoom.
- A two-day face-to-face workshop held at the Canyon Inn at McCormick’s Creek State Park on March 29-30, 2022.
- Graduation presentation and next steps, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on May 24, 2022 at The Garrison at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park.
Enrollment deadline: November 5, 2022
For the online application and information about the Academy, visit https://engineering.purdue.edu/watersheds/academy.html.
For more information, please contact Sara Peel, firstname.lastname@example.org, or see the Academy Web Page www.purdue.edu/watersheds