The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) launched a new Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) secure web portal to make it easier for businesses and organizations to request free confidential assistance regarding environmental regulations, compliance and permitting.
CTAP provides services for businesses needing assistance with any aspect of environmental contamination and cleanup (the work of the Marion County Wellfield Education Corporation – MCWEC – offers assistance specific to Marion County Public Health Department Wellfield Code).
Staff are experts on air, water and waste regulations, and are knowledgeable about current environmental issues and new technologies. They also can identify pollution prevention opportunities that can move a business out of the regulatory loop or into a less burdensome regulatory process.
As with MCWEC, CTAP staff cannot divulge information concerning inquiries, activities, or documents of the program that identify or describe an individual facility or operation. CTAP does not issue violations, permits, fees, fines, or take enforcement actions.
In the new CTAP portal, businesses, companies, organizations and individuals can:
- Create a secure account and submit confidential requests directly to CTAP staff;
- Request confidential site assessments to assist with understanding of environmental regulations and permitting;
- Communicate and track interactions with CTAP staff;
- Invite collaborators within the company or designated consultants to access and view the CTAP request; and
- Provide feedback to the CTAP team through surveys
In addition to the new portal, CTAP has a robust website with compliance materials and other publications to assist different industry sectors with understanding their environmental responsibilities.