Indiana Watershed Leadership Academy is a program of Purdue Extension seeking to strengthen local capacity for successful watershed management.
Through collaborative efforts, the program works to improve watershed management skills, provide forums for exchange of problems and solutions, and build an effective watershed support network in Indiana.
For details about this year’s academy and potentially enrolling, visit the website https://engineering.purdue.edu/watersheds/.
The Academy gives participants the chance to:
- Engage in basic and advanced level watershed topics covering leadership
- principles, watershed science, organization and communication, technology
- and GIS, stakeholder involvement techniques and policy skills
- Meet, learn from, and build a network of peers
- Interact with topic experts
- Gain strategies, skills, and resources for successful watershed management
- Earn a Professional Certificate in Watershed Management
Applications for the 2021 Indiana Watershed Leadership Academy are now available and are due Nov. 6, 2020!
The Academy is organized by Purdue University with support from Indiana’s major conservation agencies and organizations.