Are you an educator or parent looking for ways to engage kids while school is closed?
The Groundwater Foundation has free online resources available to anyone – from educators planning lessons to parents who are suddenly homeschooling.
- The Foundation has launched a Learn at Home landing page with lessons and educational content for parents working with kids at home. Materials are being added regularly!
- The online Activities Library offers worksheets, activities, scavenger hunts, and more that can be done at home. Search resources by age, duration, activity type, and key topic.
- The Hydrogeology Challenge online computer groundwater model walks students through calculations that scientists use every day to determine groundwater flow direction and velocity.
- The free 30by30 app (available for iOS and Android devices) asks users to track their water use and find ways to use less. Just don’t skimp on washing your hands!
- The free Water1der app (also available for iOS and Android devices) tests users’ water knowledge in a variety of different categories. Try the groups feature and challenge friends!
- Follow the Groundwater Foundation’s blog for fun posts with crafts and activity ideas from Frannie the Fish.
- Keep up with their social media accounts for more ideas and resources (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).