As National Groundwater Awareness Week concludes, what are you #THINKING about doing to protect the groundwater in our city? For businesses located in the Marion County Wellfield Protection Area, certain actions are required by law. (If you need assistance navigating the regulations, contact us for a FREE assessment).
Here are a few general guidelines for all businesses, not just those in the wellfield protection area:
- Make sure your chemical products and wastes are properly handled and disposed
- Keep contaminants in proper containers with appropriate labeling
- Keep floors in areas with active maintenance or chemical product or waste handling/storage in good repair
- Post signs at sinks in regulated areas prohibiting chemical disposal or dumping
- Conduct indoor or outdoor chemical product transfers only in areas designed for that purpose