If your business is located in a Marion County Wellfield and you handle chemicals, you may have been visited by a representative of the Marion County Public Health Department passing out some information about the new Wellfield Health Code and collecting contact information for your business.
The purpose of these visits is to give you and your business time to comply with the new health code before enforcement begins in January. In the packet your MCPHD representative passed out, you will find a postcard that you can fill out to request free and confidential assistance from MCWEC.
You may be wondering what kind of assistance MCWEC can provide and what you will have to do to receive this assistance. We wanted to break it down for you, but if you have more questions, feel free to contact us at info[at]indyH2O.org or call (317) 630-9060 and mention MCWEC.
All of the assistance we provide is free and confidential!
- There is no charge for the consulting we provide.
- We do not report any information about your facility to the Health Department or City Indianapolis.
- We have a staff of trained environmental scientists, geologists, and engineers educated on the wellfield health code and can offer personalized technical advice to you and your business!
We can give you free equipment!
- If your business cannot afford the needed equipment to comply with the wellfield health code, we can offer grants to provide you with the equipment!
- We understand that secondary containment can be expensive and we want to set you up for success with the MCPHD wellfield protection program.
We can help you on your schedule and however you would like to be helped!
- We can help you over email, over the phone, or in-person!
- We can do an in-depth inspection of your facility, similar to what the MCPHD wellfield inspector will do, and let you know what you will need to do be incompliance with the health code.
- We can answer questions over phone or email, in as much detail as you would like to provide about your facility.
- We can answer general questions about the health ordinance and how MCPHD inspections will work.
- We can answer general questions about where to obtain secondary containment or safety equipment.
Please reach out! We want to help you!