Every year, MCWEC writes a report summarizing the state of our wellfields, our educational activities, and goals for the next year. Below are the highlights of the 2016 report along with a link to download the report if you would like to read it for yourself. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- The Speedway wellfield was redelineated so we made all new maps for the report! Check out the 2016 report cover and the attachments below.
- There are almost 1,000 businesses that could potential contaminate our drinking water if they are not using safe chemical and waste storage and management practices! About 50% of these potential containment sources are located in the Riverside Wellfield.
- All of our educational materials were updated or created in 2016, making them a great source of information.
- Traffic to this website nearly tripled from 2015 to 2016 (after doubling from 2014 to 2015!).
- In 2017, we plan to donate secondary containment and spill prevention supplies to qualifying businesses. If you think your business could use any of these supplies and you are located in a wellfield, please contact us.
Read full report: MCWEC Annual Report 2016