If your business is located within a Wellfield Protection Area, changes to Indianapolis zoning codes and Marion County health ordinances may affect your operations.
The Wellfield Business Code requires wellfield businesses use best management practices including, but not limited to:
- employee training on spill response and prevention
- maintenance of spill kits on site
- proper floor condition and maintenance
- proper container use, labeling, and storage
- overfill fill alarms
- secondary containment measures
Advantages of the new codes and ordinance include standardization of requirements for wellfield businesses and improving drinking water protection for Marion County.
Are You Ready? Checklist (V2) – A simplified checklist of what your business needs to do to comply with the health code
Final ruling – Download the final ruling from the Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County
Frequently asked questions include: